The days are getting longer, the nights shorter and the winter wardrobe is being exchanged for airy clothes: Summer is coming! And to match our Dolce Vita collection theme, we're making this summer an Italian summer! We have tried out two summery recipe ideas for you that no garden party should be without: Frozen Aperol and a Lemon Olive Oil Cake. And this is how it works:
Frozen Aperol - a summery interpretation of a classic
- Orange juice
All you have to do is freeze equal parts Aperol and orange juice. It is best to use extra-large silicone ice cube molds for this, so that the cubes can be removed more easily later.
Please note: the Aperol will not freeze completely due to the alcohol content, it will only freeze halfway, but that sherbet-like consistency is also what we need for this recipe! When the Aperol is half frozen or the orange juice is completely frozen, put the ice cubes in a blender and blend until an orange-red sorbet has formed. It is best to use a ratio of 1:3, if you like it a little stronger you can also increase the proportion of Aperol cubes to 2:3. Pour the sorbet into a glass, add a slice of orange for decoration and your Frozen Aperol is ready – CHEERS!
Lemon and Olive Oil Cake: The Flavor of Italy
What happens when you combine sun-kissed lemons and full-bodied olive oil? Right; the juiciest lemon cake in the world!
- 260m olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 250g sugar
- 300ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 250g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Baking time: 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
With this cake, it is EXTREMELY important that you use high-quality olive oil, as this is reflected very strongly in the taste. We were also skeptical at first whether a cake with olive oil could even taste good, but trust us - it's the best lemon cake we've ever eaten!
- Beat the eggs, olive oil and sugar.
- Ribrate the zest of the lemon and squeeze out the juice.
- Add the milk, lemon zest and juice to the egg mixture and mix.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture in the bowl and mix to form a smooth dough.
- Oil the springform pan while preheating the oven.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan.
- Bake in the oven (50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius fan oven).
- Let the cake cool down and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut and enjoy!
If you imitate our recipes, we would be happy if you linked @hutchandputch.living in your posts and stories!
Author: Eliane Wikert